The People’s Choice Awards nominations have been decided! Click here to see them.
If you’re into films, TV shows and music, you probably love the People’s Choice Awards. This awards ceremony is a yearly event, and it’s known to honor the fans, whose votes are used in order to decide the winners.
Because it celebrates actual popularity in terms of what real-life people enjoy, this exciting awards show has a sense of authenticity that other awards ceremonies simply can’t compete with.
Now, let’s talk about what happening with the People’s Choice Awards 2014.
Fun Facts about This Year’s Ceremony
Scheduled for January 8th, 2014, this awards ceremony will be held at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles, California, USA. The program will be televised live (as it happens) from nine to eleven p.m., via CBS. This year’s production will be overseen by skilled and respected producer, Mark Burnett, who rose to fame while producing the reality TV show, Survivor.
Burnett is enthusiastic about taking the reins this year, as he’s produced the People’s Choice Awards in the past, and he’s up for the challenge of making this year’s production the very best yet. Jane Mun, Fred Nelson and Hyunjoo Kim will also act as executive producers this year, through their affiliation with Proctor & Gamble Productions (the company that hired Burnett).
Prospective Categories for the Awards
Since the show is still in the planning phase, there are currently a variety of categories under consideration. These categories, if included, will be decided through the votes of actual fans. So, the fans may have the opportunity to watch their favorites collect awards on the big night. Bear in mind that classic categories, such as “best actress” and “best film” will also be featured at the ceremony. Categories of prospective “favorite” awards are slated as follows (and subject to change):
- Best Breakout Movie Star – This category is all about honoring “rookies” or those who were relative unknowns until a special role put them over the top. This thrilling category really celebrates who is new and hot in the world of films.
- Best Comic Book Adaptation – This category honors superhero films or other movies which are adapted from comic books. Examples of films which have been adapted in this manner include the Superman films, the X-Men films and the Batman films. However, there are plenty more…
- Best On-Screen Duo – This is about the chemistry between two players in a film. They might be love interests or they might be “buddies” who capture the imagination of moviegoers by playing out their unique relationship via the silver screen.
- Best Reboot – The category is about old films being remade into something brand-new. Examples of films which are based on earlier versions of films or TV shows include Charlie’s Angels, the A-Team and the Avengers. While critics may argue that these reboots don’t hold a candle to the originals, they remain popular with those who actually go to the movies. In some cases, younger generations who embrace these films were much too young to remember the originals, anyway.
- Best Young Adult Movie – This category celebrates movies for young adults only. While everyone may enjoy these types of films, they are meant to engage the interest of those in a certain demographic.
These music categories are quite self-explanatory. Musicians from the different genres will be selected, if they are a voter’s favorite. The one with the most votes wins!
- Best Country Music Icon
- Best EDM (Electronic Dance Music) Artist
- Best Alternative Artist
- Best TV Music Moment
- Best Remix
- Best On-Screen Chemistry – This is about sizzling chemistry between two actors – the kind that lights up the TV screen and keeps viewers riveted to their sets. Few have it, so it’s definitely worth celebrating.
- Best Streaming Series – This is about series which are streamed online. Examples of hot series of the moment which are streamed via Netflix include Orange is the New Black and House of Cards.
- Best Sci-Fi/Fantasy Star – This category honors those who act in futuristic or fantasy settings. One example of a sci-fi/fantasy star is Nathan Fillion, of Firefly fame.
- Best TV Movie/Miniseries – This is pretty self-explanatory. It’s about what is hottest with fans worldwide.
Now that you know more about the People’s Choice Awards 2014, you’ll be ready to vote for your own favorites on this very special night.
Incoming search terms:
- 2014 people\s choice awards
- people choice awards 2014
- peoples choice 2014
- people\s choice awards 2014 nominees
- www peopleschoice com 2014